Standard Chartered Bank is here by inviting interested applicants to apply for the position of Personal Assistant Job Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank – Is an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, Standard Chartered Bank have worked to make a positive difference for their clients, communities, and each other.
Personal Assistant, Financial Markets
Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Victoria Island
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us for daily and Latest info – @latest_infor— Latest infor | Giving the latest info (@latest_infor) January 20, 2023
Role Responsibilities for Personal Assistant Job Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank
- To relieve the Head, Financial Markets of the burden of day-to-day administrative activities to allow him focus on business strategy and implementation.
- To contribute to project implementation review aimed at ensuring that business goals and targets are met.
- To manage administration processes in the dealing room to ensure a smooth running of the business.
- Assist the FM Business manager in updating and maintaining key business specific MIS and database.
- To work with the FM team with a clear-cut objective and business focus, train and increase professional competencies and put a clear succession/back up plan in place.
- To promote and enhance the reputation of SCB as a leading bank for its Financial Markets services
- Assist business on queries pertaining to the Dealing Room infrastructure standardization and oversee for effective implementation/adherence by business.
- Communicate induction and exit formalities to FM staff and ensure the induction/exit checklist is updated
- Assist the Business Manager as an alternate DCC in coordinating BCP and ensuring timely update and team awareness.
- Maintain service metric and performance in the division
- Collate and manage the leave plan and handover process
- Ensure job objectives and descriptions are completely filed
- Collate business unit survey and competitive data analysis
- Assist the Head, Financial Markets with personal policy implementation
- Responsible for service quality initiative in the department
- Act as secretary for the division meetings
- Track daily PnL and assist the Business Manager to generate monthly FM Financial Performance report sourced from DPL Reporting.
- Assist the Business Manager in carrying out research and surveys for use in business presentations
- Assist to prepare presentation, co-ordinating seminars and conferences and maintain key business MIS and database.
- Prepare project reports, documents and preserving electronic and physical files.
- Assist in annual revenue and cost budget process.
- Undertake relevant project implementation review as indicated by the Head, Financial Markets.
- Act as liaison and maintain open lines of communication among senior executive middle management and administrative staff.
- Follow up on action points agreed at meetings
- Coordinate the operations of the Head, Financial Markets’ office through document preparation, confident file management and general office maintenance.
- Monitoring the entire FM Team’s compliance with policies and procedures, consistent with the requirements of T&E, G&E register and eProcurements on a regular basis.
People & Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes.
- Establish, maintain, and comply with internal policies, procedure, codes and applicable external laws and regulations and adhere to the expected high standards set out in the FM code of conduct.
- Ensure operational risk management and reporting is an integral part of the business process
- Raise any issues as regards KCSA and ensure thy are promptly investigated and escalated
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
- Provide business support on dealing room management, e.g., capacity planning, business continuity, access controls, Service Level Agreements, licensing
- Provide business support in the preparation of governance packs for the Enterprise Risk Committee (ERC) and ensure timely submission to the responsible units
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of Financial Markets, Nigeria and West Africa
- All Financial Markets staff.
- Financial Markets visitors
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria/ Financial Markets team; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- University Degree / Higher National Diploma with more than 3 years’ experience in a medium sized organization
- Should be proactive, flexible and innovative
- Ability to use own initiatives
- Attention to details
- Generally high level of computer literacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Should possess sound knowledge of markets and good analytical skills
- ACI Dealing Certification
Role Specific Competencies:
- Effective Communications
- Influencing Through Expertise
- Project Management
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Business Development
23rd February, 2023
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Similar Jobs: Safety Health & Environment (SHE) Manager Job Vacancy at Unilever Nigeria Plc