The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023 aims to contribute to a society’s sustainable and inclusive development to both individuals as well as organisations both in the field of higher and vocational education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the programme countries.
Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Students 2023
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) offers scholarships funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs available for a selection of:
- Short courses (round 1: duration 2 weeks to 12 months; round 2: duraiton 2 weeks to 7 months);
- Master’s programmes (duration 12 to 24 months).
Host Country: Netherlands (NL)
- Burkina Faso
- Congo (DRC)
- Palestinian Territories
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
Applicants for master’s programmes from Indonesia should apply through the OKP-LPDP joint programme.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us for daily and Latest info – @latest_infor— Latest infor | Giving the latest info (@latest_infor) January 20, 2023
You need English or French language skills to follow classes in the Netherlands. Demands for certificates showing language skills differ per education institution, for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023
A limited number of scholarships is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- Living and working in an OKP country
- Proficient in English or French
- Working in one of the priority areas for their country
- Can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after their studies
- Agreeing to the Obligations and conditions .
Priority themes per country
The main priority areas of the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023 are:
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and rule of law
- Food and nutrition security
- Water management
There are focus areas for each country. Please note that these focus areas, as well as the list of countries is subject to change. Only applications that fall within the focus area of your country of employment are eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023.
Is your field of experience eligible for funding? Please check the Country Focus Document (224.27 kB)
If you are a civil servant, it might be necessary to sign a government statement. This certifies the support of your government for your OKP application.
Please check whether your local government requires a government statement:
Government statement requirements
You need an employer statement that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to your country. This is required because the OKP is focused on strengthening organizations by strengthening people.
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application on Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023. As this scholarship is for working professionals, applications from students will not be taken into consideration. In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- That you work within the priority themes for your country as mentioned above;
- How the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- How you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
How to apply
You cannot apply online on this website. Please follow the steps below and apply through the Dutch education institution of your choice.
- Check if your application falls within the OKP focus areas determined for your country.
- Check if you meet the OKP eligibility criteria.
- Find a course on the OKP course list. Please find a study, using the filter ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)’.
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the link to apply online.
- Prepare your application: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required).
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution. Please be aware of the application deadline of the educational institution of your choice.
Deadlines of application rounds
You can only apply for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023 during an open application round.
The following rounds are provisionally expected for 2023:
- Round 1: submit applications between 8 February – 30 March 16.00 CET for courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024.
- Round 2: submit applications between 28 June – 5 September 16.00 CET for courses starting between 1 February 2024.
All courses must be completed before 31 August 2024, with the exception of co-financed master’s programmes.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Candidates register with their Dutch education institution
2. Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits grant application
3. Embassies check eligibility and assess applications
4. Selection results available for Dutch education institutions
5. Grants awarded through Dutch education institutions
Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application. The Dutch education institution through which you applied for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarship For International Working Professionals 2023 scholarship will contact you on the results of your application.
Interested candidates should:
Visit HERE to check out many more Scholarships opportunities>>