Are you interested in pursuing your undergraduate and postgraduate studies program in the University of Cape Town? If yes, then Mastercard Foundation Scholarships For Young African Students 2023/2024 is for you. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program provides scholarships to academically talented young Africans to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at the University of Cape Town (UCT), this is an opportunity to take advantage of now.
Students enrolled on the programme receive support and developmental opportunities including mentoring, leadership development, academic and life skills support, career development and entrepreneurship training. They are expected to engage in community upliftment projects and get involved in all that UCT has to offer.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us for daily and Latest info – @latest_infor— Latest infor | Giving the latest info (@latest_infor) January 20, 2023
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to oversee the implementation of financial, academic, social and post-graduation support to awarded candidates under the scholarship titled The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town. The vision of the Program is to transition promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the necessary values, knowledge, skills, and leadership to fuel economic and social progress across Africa. The Program targets academically qualified undergraduate and postgraduate candidates who are economically disadvantaged young people with leadership potential from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Host: Mastercard Foundation
- Study Method: University of Cape Town
- Category: Undergraduate | Postgraduate Scholarship
- Scholarship Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate program
- To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Health Sciences
- Law or Sciences at the University of Cape Town.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarships will cover for the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing
- An economy class air ticket to Cape Town South Africa for awardees who are i) citizens and/or residents of a Sub-Saharan country other than South Africa or ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town
- Full tuition fees and international student fees
- Accommodation in the student housing system at the University of Cape Town
- Meals through the student housing system at the University of Cape Town
- Medical cover with a recommended medical aid service provider
- A living stipend; to be used to cover ad hoc expenses pertaining to your studies
- A book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks required for your degree programme
- Costs related to community activities as prescribed by the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town
- Access to an internship opportunity
- An economy class air ticket home upon completion of studies, for awardees who are i) citizens of and/or residents of a Sub-Saharan country other than South Africa or ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town
Students enrolled on the Program will receive mentoring, leadership development, academic and life skills support.
- Applicants must have received a firm offer to study at UCT
- Applicants must come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and must have acted in a leadership capacity
- Applicants must meet the set academic criteria
31st Mach 2023
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Related Scholarships: Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington 2023