The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is inviting interested candidates to apply for the position of Logistics Storekeeper Job at the Alliance for International Medical Action (NGO).
Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical Non Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
Fixed Term Contracts
- To Assist the logistics/supply supervisor with stock management (storage, receipt, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment’s and other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities
Function & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
- Check the cold box directly on reception and control the cold chain-monitoring card.
- Prepare orders on time before sending goods, ensuring qood quality of packing material.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keep a special control of “sensitive” goods numbers of lots, expiry dates, and packaging and special storage conditions.
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- When receiving goods, check the number of packages against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- Essential Secondary School Education and warehouse management related studies
- Desirable computer literacy (Words, Excel)
- Desirable ability to basic repairs.
- Previous experience as store keeper desirable with ALIMA or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Essential 1 years’ experience in similar position
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Stress Management.
National Pay Scale Level 03.
20th March, 2023
You can apply by sending your Cover Letter, CV with Color Picture and Credentials as a single document with contact details to: email@example.com using “Logistic Storekeeper – Katsina” as the subject of the mail.
Similar Jobs: 3 Job Vacancies at Evermark Group LTD
For Daily Jobs and Scholarships Updates