ExxonMobil vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, ExxonMobil are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what they do and what they stand for.
ExxonMobil are inviting ambitious professionals to be part of their Medicine and Occupational Health (MOH) department. This opportunity presents hands-on learning experience from renowned experts in different career fields in their world class organization. You will also have the opportunity to think independently, grow to your full potential, and help shape the future of energy.
Graduate Internship (Medical Science – Laboratory Scientist) at ExxonMobil 2023
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us for daily and Latest info – @latest_infor— Latest infor | Giving the latest info (@latest_infor) January 20, 2023
- Host: ExxonMobil
- Location: Eket, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- Category: Internships
- Target Country: Nigeria
- The internship comes with a competitive salary
- A job offer is also possible after the internship period
Role To Play In The Team
- As a Laboratory Scientist, you will participate in the Company’s one year graduate internship program in fulfilment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), contributing in fresh graduates’ professional development and exposure to the benefits the experience of working in a multinational organization afford.
What You Will Do
- Registration of laboratory requests, preparation of work sheets, and recording of results into various results books (if required).
- Phlebotomy (supervised until competency is achieved), collection of blood samples for various laboratory investigations.
- Daily Laboratory Investigations: supervised analyses of various samples in Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology (urinalysis), and Serology; processing of blood samples for malaria diagnosis.
- Quality Control: analysis of Haematology/Chemistry control samples for the maintenance of quality in the Clinical laboratory.
- Work bench disinfection – 2xdaily (morning/COB).
- Processing of clinical wastes – autoclaving, waste manifest preparation, waste transportation process.
- Presentation of seminars (2/internship year).
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for the internship, you must:
- Applicants to this programme must be Nigerians with a degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must have graduated with a minimum grade of Second Class, Upper division (2:1) no earlier than 2019
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps scheme (NYSC) no earlier than 2021.
- Must have registered with the Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria with current practicing license.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Proficiency in general Medical Laboratory practice with specialty in one or two fields (Microbiology/or Chemistry).
- Good bedside nursing skills and records keeping
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Exceptional problem resolution and counselling skills
- Commitment to high standards and timeliness
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and e-mail applications
- Good presentation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Related Internships: Internships