The South African Airways is currently looking for interested candidates to apply for the available positions of Duty Officer Job at South African Airways.
Choice Talents NG
Lead, West & Central Africa
The following are the responsibilities for the job position:
- The Duty Officer develops and maintains strong relations with 3rd party suppliers, Star Alliance Members and Authorities; awareness off budgetary controls, operational efficiencies and cost compression initiatives as well as ensures a successful working relationship with airport counterparts and adheres to SAA Governance, procedures and policies.
- The Duty Officer will ensure that SAA is positioned as a professional airline with highest levels of service to our customers; while meeting all legal, Governmental and regulatory requirements.
- The role performs supervisory function over the Ground Handling Agent (CHA) to deliver excellent and safe service across ramp and passenger services functions. To monitor and manage the performance of GHA, it’s service level agreements (SLAs) and contract relationship. To operationalize the provisions of the GHA contract and ensure compliance and raise penalties where service failures have been found.
Strategic / Financial:
- Ensure that GHA participates in the reduction of claims linked to Visa fines, ticketing errors, passenger claim settlements, FNI’s, etc.
- Monitor and control expenditure on baggage delivery, repairs, replacements and equipment.
- Assist with the relevant procurement processes and governance procedures for sourcing/implementation of contracts as required by the Lead.
- Monitor excess baggage charges and ticketed sales Implements department strategy within own area of responsibility.
- Provides recommendations to support the implementation of the departmental strategy and plan Contributes to the budget management and containment of costs
- Applies cost saving initiatives continuously
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Domestic & Regional Airport Operations’ strategy and plan relevant to own work outputs.
- Ensure the value proposition for the station is prepared according to criteria such as productivity effectiveness, deployment, maintenance and safety.
- Work within delegation of authority (DOA)
- Provides recommendations on profitability
- Engage in fraud prevention processes and initiatives Ensure that the containment.
- GHA management team understand and participate on issues around cost
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to maintain and restore station operations as a consequence of irregular operations and/or service breakdowns Appropriate resources are allocated/deployed to meet business demands.
- Manage performance measurement across the station to identify areas of weakness and improvements to GHA Management and SAA Lead
- Governance and business management practices are adhered to.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant reports, recommendations and feedback as required by leadership.
- Uphold good governance practices aligned to SAA standards standards.
- Ensure that overall Emergency Response and LERAP risks are evaluated in accordance with required Communicate effectively on Company standards and requirements.
- Facilitate forums/mediums for the exchange of ideas and feedback.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant internal departments within SAA. within the region, at Head office and Internationally Follow up on agreed action points within an agreed timeframe Ensure continuous on-time departure
- Effectively manage Emergency Response, irregular operations delays, overbooking, baggage handling, diversions.
- Effective customer relationship processes and procedures to handle customer issues such as complaints, queries, delays, seating arrangements, special meals, over-bookings, endorsements from other airlines.
- Oversees the correct application of processes and systems in area of responsibility.
- Utilises resources in area of responsibility/ own area of work in a time and cost effective manner Utilises technology to enhance internal and external customer expectations.
- Executes work outputs according to customer requirements
- Adheres to Governance and Risk Management policies, processes and systems
- Delivers on regular, irregular and timeous reporting of information to key stakeholders Participates in continuous optimisation programmes, projects and initiatives.
- Monitor supplier performance/SLA’s and report correctives to GHA Management and SAA Lead.
- Conduct timely investigation of and response to flight reports.
- Facilitate and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and interdependencies such as Star Alliance, Code-Shares, Airport Authority, Police Authority, Immigration Authority, Customs Officials Represent the organisation to stakeholders, associates and partners as well as to the public maintaining professional, effective, amicable relationship at the required levels to ensure SAA’s interests are upheld
- Attend and represent company’s interests at stakeholder, committee and service provider meetings (Airline Organisation Committee, Star Alliance Airport Team etc.) as requested by airport manager Establish and maintain relations with counterparts at Head Office
- Demonstrates an understanding of company policies and processes relevant to people management Adheres to people processes and plans to deliver on organisational objectives
- Participates in development initiatives to maximise own and department’s productivity Embraces change initiatives in line with the vision and strategic direction of the Airline
- Demonstrates willingness to enhance own skills and share same with immediate team members Lives and role models the Airline’s values.
- Support the service culture within a changing environment that is target driven, cost controlled and performance focussed.
- Participate in BSC (balance score card) which aligns performance objectives/measures and personal development within the businesses parameters as outlined by HR/JNB and Airport Manager.
- Actively participate and support a culture of team work, innovation and expertise.
- Ensure knowledge transfer focussing on best practices as well as differing technological solutions and new approaches
- Uphold welfare of Air Crew in host station (accommodation, security, transport, allowances, Health & Safety, irregular operations, and SAA brand) Ensure compliance of human resources with relevant legislation and escalate to relevant stakeholders as and when require.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 (Matric) at NQF Level 4 or the equivalence in the respective Country
- A 3-year Diploma in a relevant field at NQF level 6 and/or 4 years’ experience within airport operations environment.
- Proven track record in a Supervisory role will be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of managing projects will be an advantage
- Passenger Handling
- Amadeus Altea Customer Management (CM)
- Amadeus Reservation System (Fares & Ticketing) advantage
- Dangerous Goods Handling
- Baggage Management System
- World Tracer System
- Customer orientation and people skills
- Change agent
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Results focus
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and functional systems Time management skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Planning and Organising skills Resource utilization skills
- Information processing skills Problem solving skills
- Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS)
- Understanding of external and internal supplier contracts and agreements Star Alliance Requirements
- Verification of Travel Documents
- Amadeus Auto Document Check (ADC)
- Passenger Disruption Handling (IRROPS)
- Safety Management System (SMS)
- Station Emergency Response Plan (SERP)
- Legislative Frameworks (Law Law) Strong facilitation/ coaching skills
- Relationship building
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Financial awareness/cost control skills
Core Leadership Attributes:
- Effective communication Technical Expertise
- Stakeholder Relationships Flexibility and Adaptability Drives Results
- Organisational Awareness Ethics and Integrity Collaboration
9th March, 2023
How to Apply
You can apply by sending your CV and copies of relevant qualifications to : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Similar Jobs: Admin Officers at Choice Talents NG 3 Vacancies