The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was founded in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
Administrative Supervisor at the Alliance for International Medical Action
Cleaners & Cook
HR Coordinator & Finance Coordinator
Mission and Main Activities
- The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
Function & Responsibilities
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Assigns work, provides direction to staff and ensures that assigned tasks are completed. Ensures effective and appropriate staff coverage.
- Monitors the performance of staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Maintains staff and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies locally, screening resumes, interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- He captures the variable elements of the payroll in Homer
- He validates the requests of instalments and records them on Homer,
- He collects the attendance sheets and notes the various absences, collects overtime cards and checks their validity, and enters these in the Homer payroll software he/she establishes the monthly pay slips
- He causes these elements to be targeted and transmitted to the employee.
- It publishes the ballots and verifies that each ballot is correctly established,
- He has checked and targeted salary listings by the logistician-administration or field administration manager,
- It prints the bulletins and closes the pay of the month. At the end of the contract, he establishes the balances of all accounts
- It verifies the rights to paid holidays, enters the variable elements of the salary into the payroll software,
- He/she prints payslips and gives to staffs and files acknowledged copy
Administrative and Accounting Management:
- He/she in charge of accounting management under the supervision of the logistics and administration manager and under the responsibility of the Accountant, in strict compliance with ALIMA internal procedures
- He reports the inconsistencies to the Accounting Coordinator or the Field Administration Coordinator.
- He/she is responsible for the sums entrusted to him in his safe and manages them with discretion
- Maintains follow-up workbooks (for operational advances, payroll, suppliers’ advances) and ensures that advances are delivered on time, justified by invoices and do not accumulate,
- Ensures at least weekly that his physical inventory corresponds to the balance of his workbook in the presence of his supervisor,
- Checks the balance of bank statements,
- Signs any difference in cash on his notebook and his manager as soon as he finds it.
- Plans cash demands based on daily needs during the month (payday advances, month-end pay, daily needs – operational advances and direct payment
- Provides monthly cash flow with its supervisor and communicates it to the financial coordinator,
- Signals with his supervisor any operational changes that may require additional funds. He shall pay the suppliers on time (direct payment / operational advances),
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Pay by the most appropriate means (cash, checks, transfers) and ensure that they are received by the recipient (stamp, signature …).
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Receives invoices and receipts, ensures that they are consistent and conform, that they are validated by the purchasing officer and in accordance with the purchasing procedure in force,
- Informs his supervisor of any difference in price and quantity detected in order to resolve or validate it,
- Education: Degree / HND in Accounting, Business Admin or other related field.
- Experience: 2 years experience. INGO experience is added advantage.
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
21st March, 2023
How to Apply
You can apply by sending your Cover Letter, CV with Colour Picture and Credentials as a single document with contact details to: email@example.com using “Administrative Supervisor – Yobe” as the subject of the mail.
Similar Jobs: Consortium Coordinator Job at Family Health International (FHI 360)